Incredible vintage beads. Amazingly hard to make in hand blown glass during the 1920's. Each side of these vintage beads were painted with 24k gold.
Every single cluster necklace is one of a kind. I, Amanda, painstakingly design then hand make each one slightly different. A cluster necklace of this size generally takes about 10 hours.
Named for the incredible California mountains where Amanda grew up.
- 5 Beads: Orange Blossom oval, Ocean triangle, Indigo teardrop, Yellow teardrop, White askew
- 14k oval chain 28" long pull over
- Chain is ended with a 14k tag of a bird's butt - because why not :)
- Arrives on baby soft recycled leather or suede in gift box ready to give
- Card with bead story included
- Orders $250+ come with a NEW black affirmation zipper bag!
- Matching earrings
- 5% of proceeds are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Custom necklaces are available. I have worked with select clients to create a retro necklace based on their favorite beads, colors, event or whim. Contact Amanda for more details at the Email Us section of the home page.
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland then hand painted with platinum followed by 24k gold in the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
In WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris. Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
All retro jewelry is designed and finished with 14k gold fill.