Stone Lagoon: Named for the breathtaking California coastline where Amanda grew up.
Stone Lagoon just below Oregon creates a salty wetland home for endangered birds, elk and rocks from the Jurassic days. Cool!
Just like the Stone Lagoon rocks, the SKY bead is very rare - I only have a few left!
- 1 sky blue oblong bead hugged by 2 pure white triangle beads
- Threaded onto ultra fine 14k gold fill chain
- Choker style: 15" 14k chain + 1" extender; lobster clasp
- Each necklace ends with a hand stamped 14k tag of a bird's butt
- White glove packaging
- Matching earrings available
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.