PANTONE 2017 COLOR OF THE YEAR!!!
Named for the breathtaking California coastline where Amanda grew up.
Incredible vibrant green color. Amazingly hard to make in hand blown glass during the 1920's. Each side of these vintage beads were painted with 24k gold.
- Green paddle bead hand looped onto ear wires
- Shown on in bowed earrings also in shop
- Arrive on baby soft recycled leather or suede in LilahV gift box
- Story of the beads card included
- Matching necklace
- Also available as a gift set
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.