La Jolla Shores: Named for the breathtaking California beaches where Amanda grew up.
Sandy, secluded and stunning. Stretched out from sea cliffs, its b est known for underwater fauna. Certain times of year you can spot leopard shark and stingrays.
- Long strand of 1920's beads
- 57 emerald and gold round faceted - MY FAVORITE BEAD!!
- Plus one gold trim emerald heart offset
- All hand blown glass from the 1920's Bauhaus studio
- Gold trim beads were painted with 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given it a satin sheen.
- 14k Lobster clasp
- 19" long + 2" 14k extender chain
- White glove packaging
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.
"NEW" BEADS ...... the story continues