Mullholland Drive: Named for the exhilarating curvy mountain roads in California where Amanda grew up.
Every single piece is one of a kind. I, Amanda, painstakingly design then hand make each one slightly different. A pair of earrings of this size generally takes about 15-20 hours.
- Aqua flat round, ocean oblong gold trim, citrine bicone, emerald 3d gold trim + Swarovski tiny faceted beads
- Gold trim beads were hand painted with 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given the gold a satin sheen
- Each bead is hand picked, laid out in countless variations to ensure the cluster is tight but still showing each bead.
- 14k chains - oval, elongated and snake
- Hand looped onto 14k wire
- 3 1/2" long from ear wire
Custom retro jewelry is available.
- - - - - -
These beads are composed of hand blown German glass in the Bauhaus style during the 1920’s. The innovative design studio was breaking ground in the new “Modernism” industrial ideology making art more vivid.
Their bold ideas led the way to Impressionism, Pop Art & Minimalism. These gorgeous beads range from interlocking oviform in frosted neon to multi-faceted round intense sapphire painted with 24k gold.
During WWII the factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. Designers vanished. Molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
All retro jewelry is designed by Amanda Uber using the rare beads along with the principles of Bauhaus, Pop Art and Minimalism as inspiration.