Runyon Canyon: Named for the breathtaking California mountains where Amanda grew up.
Placed right in Hollywood - I used to take my dog hiking up this "hill." Not getting the LA vibe, my dog would excitedly approach every celebrity to say hello.
- - - - -
- Cluster pendant: Ocean oval, Indigo oblong, Ocean oblong, Greenery paddle, Chestnut oval, White askew, Marigold 3 sided
- Delicate 14k oval chain; 24" long fully adjustable
- Lobster clasp; Chain ends with a hand stamped 14k tag of a bird's butt
- Each bead was painted with platinum then 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given the gold a satin sheen
- White glove packaging:
- Placed on soft recycled leather or suede
- LilahV gift box
- Story of beads card
- Items $250+ receive a *new* affirmation zipper bag
- Matching earrings available
5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
Every cluster necklace is one of a kind. I conscientiously design then hand make each one slightly different. A piece this size takes 15-20 hours.
Custom retro jewelry is available.
These beads are composed of hand blown German glass in the Bauhaus style during the 1920’s. The innovative design studio was breaking ground in the new “Modernism” industrial ideology making art more vivid.
Their bold ideas led the way to Impressionism, Pop Art & Minimalism. These gorgeous beads range from interlocking oviform in frosted neon to multi-faceted round intense sapphire painted with 24k gold.
During WWII the factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. Designers vanished. Molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
All retro jewelry is designed by Amanda Uber using the rare beads along with the principles of Bauhaus, Pop Art and Minimalism as inspiration.