Rocky Point: Named for the breathtaking California beaches where Amanda grew up.
Quite literally a rock pointing out of the California coastline with a staggering view of deep ocean waters.
- Sapphire nugget beads in varying size
- Plus one ruby and one emerald nugget bead
- All hand blown glass from the 1920's Bauhaus studio
- Each bead was then painted with 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given it a satin sheen.
- 24" long bead strand to wear as a statement necklace or double wrap around your wrist for a modern twist.
- 14k Lobster clasp
- White glove packaging
- LilahV gift box
- Polish cloth
- Story of the beads card
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.
"NEW" BEADS ...... the story continues