Walker Canyon: Named for the breathtaking California mountains where Amanda grew up.
Deep canyon in the Temescal mountains with a river flowing through the middle. Brownish red mountain tops play off the green pine and yellow sage near the gorge. Perfect inspiration for this cluster.
- Cluster pendant: Amber 3 sided, Greenery paddle, Red triangle, Trinidad oblong, Yellow triangle
- Each bead was painted with platinum then 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given the gold a satin sheen
- Delicate 14k oval chain 22" long. Entire chain is adjustable. Lobster clasp
- Chain ends with a hand stamped 14k tag of a bird's butt
- White glove packaging
- Matching earrings available
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
Every cluster necklace is one of a kind. I conscientiously design & handmake each one slightly different. A piece this size takes 15-20 hours.
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.