These amazing 1920's beads are two sided so you can put your necklace on any which way.
- 5 Beads: Marigold 3 sided, Greenery paddle, Red triangle, Ocean oblong, Yellow triangle
- Fully adjustable 14k oval chain
- 22" long; lobster clasp
- Arrives on baby soft recycled leather in gift box ready to give
- Card with bead story included
- 20% of proceeds are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Custom Retro jewelry is available!! Check out our Concierge Service for more info.
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland then hand painted with platinum followed by 24k gold in the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
In WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris. Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
All retro jewelry is designed and finished with 14k gold fill.