Seal Beach: Named for the incredible California beaches where Amanda grew up.
Literally have never seen a seal there. I'm pretty sure it got it's name .... just because. It happens.
Back in my 20's my boyfriend had a beach house right on the Seal beach sand. He was Brazilian (still is I'm sure) and a fantastic cook. We would get fresh mussels to BBQ, invite neighbors over for beer, good food and great sunsets.
- - - - - -
ALMOST OUT = I have very few of these beads left!
- Bead: hand blown glass in light sky blue. 3/4" long teardrop shape
- Each side was painted with platinum then 24k gold. Almost 100 years has given the gold a satin sheen
- Hand looped onto long thick 14k wire bent into elliptical shape to give it fluid movement.
- White glove packaging
- Matching necklace available
- 5% of proceeds from Retro collection are donated to LLS
- - - - - -
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of hand blown German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland with the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
During WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. Decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, these beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.
Each design is handmade by me using 14k gold fill, sterling silver or pure silk.