Pure white and 24k gold. The perfect combination. Amazing vintage hand blown glass beads from the 1920's.
- White water drop 2" long bead
- Hand looped onto 14k ear wires
- Arrives on baby soft recycled leather or suede in gift box
- Story of the beads card included
- Matching earrings or check out that gorgeous Grace necklace (named for Grace Kelly)
- Also available as a gift set
20% of proceeds from the Retro line are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Custom necklaces are available. I have worked with select clients to create a retro necklace based on their favorite beads, colors, event or whim. Contact Amanda for more details at the Email Us section of the home page.
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland then hand painted with platinum followed by 24k gold in the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
In WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.