* Vintage beads painted with 24k gold
* 14k gold fill chain
* Extender chain as noted with lobster trigger clasp
These amazing 1920's beads are two sided so you can wear the necklace facing either way.
* Arrives on baby soft recycled leather in gift box ready to give (story card included)
* Stick are on 14k sticks pounded at one end and bent to square ear wires on the other. Plastic ear guards included.
* Bowed earrings are sticks just slightly rounded to give the bead a more fluid feel. Plastic ear guards included.
20% of proceeds from the Retro line are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
STORY OF THE BEADS
The beads used are composed of German glass from a glassworks studio in Sudetenland then hand painted with platinum followed by 24k gold in the Bauhaus style popular during the 1920's.
In WWII the glassworks factory was bombed reducing it to rubble. The designer disappeared and molds broken. It was decades later when the family went to rebuild, the beads were found in the debris.
Since they cannot be reproduced, the beads are rare and highly prized.
My husband and I were traveling through Europe when fate intervened and we met the family over dinner. By dessert, I had purchased as much of the collection as possible.